Canada Life Assurance Company,We’re Canada Life
In as much as you’re a part of Canada Life, you have a voice. CL is a place where unique perspectives, backgrounds and talents are valued and shaped for future success.
You can be whatever you want to be here. Yes, you’re a part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your well-being and career are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to progress in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver extraordinary customer and advisor experiences.
Being part of a great Team, you will deliver on our shared purposes to improve the prosperity of Canadians. It’s what makes us keep moving. Why not become part of a stable and successful company that’s endeared and trusted by millions of Canadians.
Become your best at Canada Life.
CL is looking for a Disability Claims Processor.
The Disability Claims Processor (DCP) is incharge of managing a block of disability claims for claimants expected to receive benefits to the maximum benefit date. These are issuing payments, performing calculations, reviewing information to confirm present entitlement, and ensuring the integrity of the data in our systems.
What will you do?
• Performing administrative and financial duties in support of the team
• You’ll be responsible for data integrity on the systems that support disability claims tracking and payment
• Effectively communicate claim decisions to claimants and employers regarding benefit payments, claim status and more
• You’ll be handling telephone inquiries from claimants, employers, physicians, Group Plan Administrators, and Disability Management Services Offices
• Issuing long term disability payments – code information on system, investigate and resolve electronic fund transfer rejections, process manual cheques, as required
• Reviewing and assessing claimant and medical information to know entitlement of ongoing benefits
What you will bring?
• You must have a strong mathematical and analytical skills
• You must have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
• You must have excellent customer service skills
• Distinctive organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
• Proficient PC skills using MS Office products
• The ability to remain flexible and work as part of a team and independently
• Business knowledge of Disability claims insurance an asset
Canada Life is one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of over 13 million people in Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the US. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, CL is one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, investment, health insurance and retirement savings. CL offers a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for the individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
Canada Life is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, venerated and supported. CL is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the societies in which we live, and to creating an environ where every employee will have the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to appreciate all applicants, nevertheless, it’s only those who qualify for an interview that will be contacted.