You can get financial aid in several forms and in deed, nursing students aren’t left out. There are numerous scholarships, grants, and other financial aids that are available for students who are willing to pursue a BSN certification.
The cost of study and other financial requirements have necessitated the need for prospective students to check out for scholarship opportunities to aid their learning.
In this article, we will be talking about some top scholarships that nursing students can explore in 2022. In addition to the following grants and scholarships for nursing students, you are advised to check out for more opportunities through your state board of nursing. Many states offer scholarships or repayment programs for nurses.
1. A Nurse I Am Scholarships: In the quest of inspiring the outstanding caregivers of the future, Cherokee Uniforms has set aside the A Nurse I Am Scholarship an annual tradition for over ten years. For every year, nursing students are expected to submit a 300 word essay. Successful submission can receive up to $2000 and the deadline is March 31.
2. Advanced Practice Healthcare Scholarship true: Applicants for this award must demonstrate a minimum 2.0 GPA and be free of other service obligations. Recipients spend 12 months practicing full time in a medically underserved area. This scholarship is open to prospective nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and nurse midwives attending a California Board- or committee-approved program and the amount up to $25,000.
Some Exciting RN to BSN Scholarships
3. Gladys Carol Scholarship Program: To apply for this opportunity, you must submit recent transcripts, a college acceptance letter, a copy of the Student Aid Report/Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and a personal essay. The scholarship I open to undergraduate students and high school seniors must be enrolled full time in a STEM program, maintain a minimum 3.75 GPA, and achieve a 1290 SAT score or 28 on the ACT. Successful applicants can receive from $2,500-$5,000.
4. Herman M. Holloway, SR. Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is designed in honor of the first African American State Senator in Delaware. Nursing students can easily apply online by filling the application form on the Delaware Higher Education Office’s secure Student Account Access Site. The scholarship is open for High school seniors with a good cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and combined score of at least 1000 on the SAT or the equivalent score on the ACT. The deadline is February 26.
5. Health Resources & Services Administration Nurse Corps Scholarship Program: While this award covers tuition, fees and educational costs, beneficiaries must work in a critical shortage facility after graduation. Nursing students are expected to submit recommendation letters, supporting documentation, and an essay to participate in this scheme.
Eligible applicants should be undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited nursing degree program who do not have federal judgment liens, existing service commitments, or overdue federal loan payments.
How Do I Choose the Appropriate Scholarship for Me?
When choosing a scholarship opportunity, you will need to consider some certain things which include:
1. What would be the stipend and reimbursement of the scholarship: It is a common knowledge that benefit differs. There are some scholarship programs that offers higher amounts than others and may even cover other expenses in addition to tuition and relevant fees.
2. Are you qualified for it: Some scholarships place more restrictions and requirements than others. Endeavour to meet up with the requirements listed before submitting your application.
3. What is their explanation: Some scholarships would expect you to a resident of a particular state or community, do your residency or move to their location for a particular duration.